Monday, July 28, 2014

Francie's Meatballs

Francie, a friend of mine, shared this recipe with me many years ago and it has become a family favorite. The only thing I do differently is use brown sugar instead of white. (Those of you who read my blog regularly know of my love affair with brown sugar.)




Francie's Meatballs


2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
1/2 c. soda crackers, crushed (about 15)
2 eggs
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 small onion, finely grated

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and form into egg size balls. Place in large baking dish.

Sauce

Mix the following and pour over meatballs:

3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups ketchup
1 1/2 cups water




Cover with foil and bake 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.



Here are links to some other recipes that include my favorite ingredient...brown sugar!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...