Saturday, December 28, 2013

Mr. Christmas Vintage Holiday Carousel

While visiting my mom during Christmas break, she showed Don and I two of her new treasures, given to her by a neighborhood friend.

The first thing she shared with us was this Mr. Christmas Holiday Carousel






From what I could find out online, this vintage holiday carousel is patterned after an original made in 1876 and created by the Mr. Christmas Company, which began production in 1933 and is still offering Christmas decor today (see this link).

The carousel continuously plays 21 favorite Christmas songs: Jingle Bells, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Deck the Halls, Joy to the World, Little Drummer Boy, Silent Night, Away In a Manger, We Three Kings, The 12 Days of Christmas and more. It also has a volume control, which I think is a nice feature.

Don and I love vintage things. We only own a few items that belonged to our grandparents and I doubt we have anything of great material worth, but what we DO have, we cherish.

I will show you my mother's second treasure in a future post. You can check back in a day or two, or follow me via google+, Networked Blogs, or Bloglovin.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...