Saturday, October 1, 2011

Goblin Goodies

2 cups salted peanuts
1 cup Chocolate Teddy Grahams
1 cup Candy Corn
1/2 cup Goldfish Crackers
1/2 cup raisins

Mix and store in airtight container. Makes 5 cups.

Don't be afraid to change the ingredients of this recipe up a bit. Here are the products that I chose to use...


My family doesn't care for peanuts, so I picked up chocolate covered almonds from Costco. You could also use plain or chocolate covered pretzels, miniature Oreos, autumn colored M&M's, Almond Joy or Mounds candy bits, etc. I even wanted to add green and purple gum drops, but my husband wasn't going for it. The point is, be creative!

After I mixed the ingredients in a large bowl, I divided it into cellophane bags. Then I printed these cute tags that I found at Anders Ruff Custom Designs.


I used orange colored ribbon to tie the tags onto the bags...


...and now I have a half-way healthy Halloween treat to give friends, neighbors and co-workers.

3 comments:

betty said...

Clever and I am sure delicious! Great treat and then you can adapt it a bit and make it a Christmas treat as well!

betty

dluvscoke said...

@ That Corgi :) I love that idea. BTW, I appreciate your comments on my posts!

Lizbeth said...

OMG, I love this!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...