Thursday, September 22, 2011

Starry, Starry Night

Katelyn and I had a conversation this afternoon about artists and I mentioned how different her dad's taste in art is than mine. Where Don enjoys oil paintings of landscapes and such, I take great pleasure in viewing abstract art.

One thing lead to another and soon we were discussing Vincent van Gogh and how unappreciated he was in his lifetime. Then I asked Katelyn if she had ever heard Don McLean's song Starry Starry Night. When she said she hadn't, I knew I had to pull it up on YouTube for her. The lyrics of this song paint a precise picture (no pun intended) of Vincent's short, anguished life.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful !!!

Lizbeth said...

I have to come back and watch...my kiddo just woke up..rats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...