Saturday, June 18, 2011

Conversations Between Cody and His Dad/ A Father's Day Post

Cody loves his dad. I could not begin to count the number of times Cody says "dad" when Don is home. Seriously, it would be a ridiculous amount.

"Good morning dad."
"What do you think of that dad?"
"Hey dad!"
"How come you clear your throat all the time dad."
"Dad. What did you do at the 'port?"
"Did you get dust up your nose dad?"

When my other kids were little, I use to tell them if they didn't stop saying "mom", I was going to change my name, but not Cody. He is perfectly happy yakking at his dad.

Cody and Don also like to tease one another and call each other names. I have captured a few conversations Cody and his dad have had over the last week...

Cody- "You smell like a bird dad."
Don- "Really? What does a bird smell like?"
Cody- "Kinda like manure."

Don- "Hi Fred."
Cody- "S'up Dollar Face?"
Don- "Not much Pocket Change."

Codybelching so loud that he could win any burping contest
Don-  (quite annoyed) "Have you ever noticed that nobody else around here does that?"
Cody- "Not really."

Here is a Father's Day poem Cody made up for his dad:

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Splenda is sweet
and so are you! 


Click to play this Smilebox collage
Make your own free photo collage


Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox

2 comments:

carolinahearstrings said...

What a wonderful post. I can only imagine their conversations on a daily basis. Priceless.

Marilyn said...

How sweet! Wish I had read it when you first posted it. Love my Cody:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...