Sunday, June 27, 2010

Indecent Exposure

People with disabilities can be quite entertaining and I mean this in the nicest way.

When Cody (my son) was about 8 years old and attending Oregon School for the Blind, he gave his dorm leaders quite a laugh. One morning they were trying to get the students out of bed, dressed and groomed, and to the cafeteria for breakfast. Each student has an I.E.P. with goals unique to the individual. One of Cody's goals was to dress himself. Cody proceeded to undress, but didn't put any clothes on. Because the other students couldn't see his nudity, the dorm leaders decided to see just how far Cody would go without being prompted to dress. They kept asking him, "Cody, did you forget anything?" and he kept replying, "No."! He made it all the way to the door before they stopped him and made him put something on. He would have gone out in the cold weather nude!

5 comments:

Crystal M. said...

Hello, I saw your link on Max's blog and I have a daughter with CHARGE and i had to check out your blog.When I got on and heard the 1st song stay the same I was amazed someone else was using it. My daughter went to a New Kids concert with me last year and we got back stage, Joey McIntyre sang Stay the Same to her, I was in tears. This song calms her and it just amazes me. If you go to my daughters blog Eva Nichole and go to last June you will see the video of him singing to her.
Anyway I wanted to say hi and welcome to the blog world.
Crystal

dluvscoke said...

Oh my goodness...that is so awesome! I am going to check it out right now!

Marilyn said...

DeeAnn this is so cool. The story about Cody going nude is one I love to think about:-)
It took me a while to figure out how to become a follower, but finally made it. Keep up the good work.

Karen Smith said...

DeeAnn, I'm glad your mom directed me to your blog because it's been fun reading. I have a blog too but don't keep up with it. Maybe you'll inspire me to start. Keep up the good work!

dluvscoke said...

Thanks ladies! I'm glad you enjoy what I've written so far.

And Karen, I would love to follow your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...